Travel from the airport
- Our airport is PDX (Portland, OR). The airport is located about 12 miles from OHSU.
- Portland has excellent public transportation if you don’t want to rent a car at the airport. Our MAX trains run from the airport to downtown frequently. In addition, both the hotels we have selected are located along a TriMet bus route to OHSU or the streetcar to OHSU.
- For more information on public transportation: https://trimet.org/
Getting to OHSU
- If you plan to rent a car and want to drive to OHSU, then plan to park at Doernbecher Children’s Hospital. As the meeting approaches, we will provide more information about parking. You can download a map of our campus below.
- If you want to take public transportation, it is relatively easy from both hotels. The University Place Hotel is located 1/3 mile away from a bus stop with frequent buses to OHSU. The stop is located at SW 5th and Broadway. Board the #8 Jackson Park/NE 15h to Marquam Hill. The bus stops directly in front of the main OHSU hospital and Doernbecher Children’s Hospital.
The Ariel Tram
- The Riverplace Residence Inn is located along a streetcar line to OHSU’s South Waterfront campus. The streetcar stop is about 500 feet from the hotel entrance at SW River Parkway and Moody St. Board the NS Line-Portland Streetcar to South Waterfront. Exit at Moody and Gibbs about 3 minutes later.
- Board the Portland Aerial Tram (yes, we have a tram!!) to Marquam Hill/OHSU. Exit the top of the tram and enter the hospital—there is an information desk just as you exit with wonderful people who can give you further directions.
- Here is more information about the hours and cost of the tram (children under 6 ride free!). http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/about/services/transportation-and-parking/tram/index.cfm
Main Campus Map
- The buildings we will be using, parking garages for public use and public transportation stop are all highlighted.
South Waterfront Map